- Join the campus Active Directory (the lsu.edu forest) managed by Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Ensure all University computer systems run ITS standard operating systems and applications.
- Ensure all University computer systems are kept up-to-date with the latest vendor security updates; systems that are part of LSU’s Active Directory are automatically kept up-to-date by ITS.
- Ensure all University computer systems run the ITS standard anti-malware (anti-virus, anti-spyware) applications; systems that are part of LSU’s Active Directory have these applications installed and managed automatically by ITS.
- Administrative credentials should be used only for system management; users should never use accounts with administrator level permissions for normal work.
- Users should not share accounts; each member of the LSU community has a unique account accessible in PAWS and Active Directory; users should always be logged on to their own accounts.
- University computers systemss should use local firewalls to prevent unwanted network access.
- All devices connected to the LSU network should follow the Data Network Procedures.
This page was last updated Wednesday, August 26, 2009