When an LSU department expresses interest in obtaining cellular service, telecommunications professionals at Information Technology Services provide an information packet on what is required to establish cellular service, as well as what equipment and plan options are available. The department deals solely with Information Technology Services (ITS) unless referred to a cellular representative for answers to questions. LSU ITS will maintain one standing purchase order with each cellular provider. No orders should be processed by the provider until a Request for Telecom Services is sent to the appropriate vendor by LSU ITS.
LSU Order Procedure:
1. Department submits to LSU Information Technology Services:
A. Request for Telecom Services for equipment and monthly plan.
2. Department submits to Chancellor’s Office: (Will be forwarded to ITS by the Chancellor’s Office)
B. Accounting Services Form AS542 approved by the Department Dean or Director and the Chancellor (not necessary if cellular voice service is not requested):
3. ITS submits to vendor:
A. A request to add the new plan and any equipment to the LSU master account using the standing purchase order number.
B. Equipment will be billed to the requesting department by ITS through a work order.
4. Phones will be shipped to ITS who will arrange for the distribution of the phones. Any necessary training on equipment will be coordinated by the vendor directly with the ordering department.
5. If the Department chooses to purchase a Blackberry:
A. LSU ITS will submit the request for equipment and data service to the Louisiana Office of Telecommunications (OTM). OTM will submit the request to the appropriate vendor and notify LSU ITS when the equipment is received.
B. LSU ITS will receive the equipment from OTM and coordinate the activation of any approved cellular or data services on the Blackberry.
Please be aware of the following criteria that must be met in order for your Blackberry to be properly synchronized to the LSU Blackberry server:
i. The Blackberry user’s e-mail address must be an lsu.edu address on the Microsoft Exchange email platform.
6. Any subsequent equipment purchases should also be made through LSU ITS by submitting a Request for Telecom Services form.
ITS Customer Service:
ITS Billing Contact: